About Me

My photo
I love the adventures that this life brings! These photos are a way of sharing a little bit of that... I am all for living vicariously, so keep in touch with me. If you have any constructive advice about photography or writing (or any of the strange situations I find myself in) please comment. Don't forget to sign the guest book below.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 6

How long does it take a blonde to forget about her photo-a-day blog? 5 days apparently. Lets just say I was away taking the photos that I am about to post.
Rancho Don Luis
One day, someone knocks on the door and asks if we want to go to the waterfall. Thirty second picnik packing and we are out the door in a borrowed dodge caravan that scrapes its way over the dirt rutted roads on our way to El Salto Estanzuela. Before we ever get there, a side road beckons us and we pull off. We walk through a forest made of what look like Aloe Vera plants as big as houses and spare, skinny little trees draped in moss and witches hair. Through the spare white trees it looks like the world drops away into an ocean and all you can see is the milky blue of the sky. When you suddenly break the treeline its like you are standing on the edge of the world looking down into a lush valley ringed by the volcanic mountains of northern Nicaragua, tall and green and proud. Their spires stretch across the land as far as you can see, disappearing into the bright sunlight and clouds in the distance. I wish this photo could do the feeling justice! The wind and the height and the distance made for an awesome view.

2 comments:

  1. It's December..... :D lol. Photo a day, usually you know, means... photo... every... day??? bahaha jk

    ReplyDelete