About Me

My photo
I love the adventures that this life brings! These photos are a way of sharing a little bit of that... I am all for living vicariously, so keep in touch with me. If you have any constructive advice about photography or writing (or any of the strange situations I find myself in) please comment. Don't forget to sign the guest book below.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Day 4

So, I have been slightly remiss in not writing anything about the photos I have been posting. This one does have a story. On the Icefields Parkway in Banff National Park there is a river gorge Mistaya Canyon. Beautiful rock formations and a constant rainbow mean that this shot has been taken more than a million times.



But when you are done seeing this, there is something else waiting for you. On the walk back to the highway there is a small path to the left under a fallen tree, rapidly descending down a bank to the canyon edge. Due to the fact that about 6 inches after the path begins it drops 5 feet down it was very unused. We took it and each corner we turned led us deeper into a different world. Less than twenty feet from a path that every tourist in the Icefields parkway has taken, and we felt like we were alone in the world and alone in time. After jumping/falling about 8 feet into a boulder worn pothole, I looked up, and this was what I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment